Disputes can flare up at a moment’s notice but finding a resolution can be frustrating, time consuming and expensive without specialist help. A dedicated civil litigation solicitor can mean the difference between a long, drawn out dispute or a quick, satisfactory settlement.
At Whiskers Solicitors, we advise clients across Essex on a wide range of civil disputes and claims, including:
- Breach of contract and other contractual disputes
- Debt recovery and enforcement
- Will challenges and contentious probate
- Employment law for employees
- Neighbour disputes and residential property disputes:
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Boundary disputes
- Right of way disputes
- Adverse possession (squatting)
- Nuisance, including noise, smells and contamination
- Professional negligence against accountants, financial advisors, solicitors and other professionals
- Defending civil claims
Whatever your issue, we can offer you expert advice and support backed up by decades of practical experience.
We know that the potential costs of litigation can be daunting, not to mention the high levels of stress the situation can cause. We aim to help you settle your matter peacefully, using strong negotiation skills to bring the matter to a close before it reaches court wherever possible. If it suits your case, we can also help you access methods of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) such as mediation and arbitration.
- John Roberts on 01279 775478 or email@example.com
- Andrew Clowser on 01279 439439 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Why choose our civil litigation solicitors?
It is understandable to feel angry, frustrated and upset when struggling to resolve a dispute. Whether you want to bring a claim or someone is threatening legal action against you, we want to help take the weight off your shoulders.
We aim to create a welcoming environment in which you can talk through the issue at length (and vent a bit if you want). We will explore all your options, explain the legal process for achieving your desired outcome and set out the costs you could encounter. We will always aim to take the most cost-effective route possible while still delivering a positive result. Below are just a few more reasons to choose our litigation solicitors:
Expert advice combined with a personal service
We have a dedicated team of highly skilled solicitors whose top priority is to help you succeed. In particular, amongst our talented team we have Partner, Andrew Clowser, a solicitor with nearly 30 years’ experience specialising in civil litigation .
What sets us apart from other law firms is our personal approach to litigation and dispute resolution cases. To us, you are not just another file. We will take the time to get to know you as an individual and the story behind your dispute so we can tailor our advice to specifically suit your needs. Ways we do this include:
- Assigning you a personal lawyer who will take care of your case from start to finish. Although other lawyers may work on your file from time to time, your personal lawyer will always have oversight, ensuring things are progressing smoothly
- You will have a direct phone number and email address for your lawyer so if you have any queries or concerns, all you need to do is get in touch
- Your lawyer will provide updates as soon as there are any developments in your case
Fast, cost-effective solutions
The longer civil disputes drag on, the more expense you are likely to incur. That is why we will focus on minimising the financial burden on you.
Our specialty is finding satisfactory solutions which don’t break the bank. Utilising strategic negotiation skills, we are able to settle disputes without having to resort to court in the majority of cases saving considerable time, stress and costs. In our experience, a strongly worded letter from a solicitor is often all it takes to get the other party to cooperate with you.
Proactive litigation lawyers
We always take decisive, positive action to ensure your case advances properly. Drawing from previous experience, we have the ability to anticipate a broad range of challenges and take steps to avoid or deal with them before they frustrate or delay the matter.
For example, if you are owed money and the debtor refuses to make an appropriate settlement offer despite negotiations, we will provide practical advice about starting a legal claim and arrange the highest quality of court representation for you.
Flexible payment options
We will discuss our fees with you at the beginning of your case and how these may vary depending on how the matter progresses. We believe that everyone should have access to expert legal advice, so we offer a range of flexible options to match the individual circumstances of your case. These include fixed fees, competitive hourly rates and budget caps.