Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Solicitors
With commercial opportunity also comes risk. Even the best run businesses encounter disputes from time to time. Our specialist commercial litigation solicitors can help you work through the issues effectively, minimising costs and disruption to your business.
Our priority is to help you avoid as much conflict as possible, bearing in the mind the expense and disturbance lengthy litigation can cause to the efficiency of your business. We employ tactical negotiation skills to find imaginative, workable solutions to a wide range of issues, from contractual disputes, to disagreements among shareholders and partners, to debt recovery and insolvency.
How our commercial litigation solicitors can help you
We can advise on a range of commercial disputes and claims, including:
- General Claims
- Contractual Disputes
- Commercial Property Disputes
- Construction/Building Contract Disputes
- Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Debt Recovery and Insolvency
Wherever possible, we will aim to avoid court proceedings to save the expense and potential publicity. We specialise in using collaborative negotiation to solve a huge variety of issues, including the most complex and volatile cases.
However, where legal proceedings are unavoidable – for example, because someone has brought a claim against you – we will vigorously defend your rights and promote your best interests throughout the case.
We can help you bring or defend all types of contractual claim, including matters involving agency and distribution contracts, goods and services contracts and construction/building contracts.
Commercial property disputes
We work with business owners, property developers, investors, landlords, tenants and more to resolve disputes involving commercial property. Our expertise includes:
- Commercial lease disputes and landlord and tenant law
- Mortgage litigation and repossessions
- Boundary disputes
- Planning disputes
Construction and building contract disputes
We have experience with public and private sector engineering, construction and building businesses, including developers, contractors, subcontractors and owner occupiers. We can provide advice on issues such as:
- General breach of contract
- Time extensions or variation
- Health and safety
- Claims for defective or substandard work
- Environmental law
- Planning law
Shareholder and partnership disputes
A constructive relationship between the shareholders of a company or the partners of a partnership is essential to the effective operation of any business. We take a flexible, commercially-focused approach to shareholder and partnership disputes, concentrated on promoting communication, collaboration and the exploration of practical, long-term solutions.
Debt recovery and insolvency
If you are owed money by someone who cannot or will not pay, we can help you explore options to recover outstanding debts and settle the matter swiftly, avoiding court proceedings wherever possible.
We understand that outstanding debt can put a business at risk, interrupting your cashflow and potentially putting you in financial difficulty yourself. We can help you maximise your recovery, providing robust negotiation skills and advising on your prospects for bringing a legal claim if you cannot settle amicably out of court.
For further information, please visit our Debt Recovery Solicitors page.
Why choose our commercial dispute resolution solicitors?
- Personalised advice designed to achieve your commercial goals – our priority is to achieve a positive outcome for you. We will work closely with you to establish your commercial goals and develop a strategy designed to realise them.
- Strategic negotiation and vigorous litigation skills – with years of experience to back up our skills, we are able to settle the vast majority of our clients’ disputes amicably out of court. However, we also have extensive experience in commercial litigation, providing robust advice and representation to promote businesses’ legal rights and financial interests.
- Proactive service – we do not wait for problems to arise before we react. We use our decades of combined experience to anticipate challenges and take steps to resolve or avoid them before they cause delays or negatively impact your business
- Transparent, flexible fees – we understand that minimising costs is a huge priority for businesses in commercial disputes. From the outset of your case, we will provide clear, open advice about our fees and other costs – such as court fees – that you could expect to encounter. Depending on the individual circumstances of your case, we will set out various fee estimates depending on the course of action you choose so you can make an informed decision about how you want to proceed. We are happy to discuss flexible payment options that work with your budget, including fixed fees, capped budgets or competitive hourly rates.
- Inclusive environment – we work to make our legal services accessible to all, regardless of personal circumstances. So, if you have any disabilities or individual accessibility needs, please get in touch for a confidential discussion with a member of our team.