The origins of Whiskers can be traced back over 150 years to Messrs Creeds who practised in Epping. In the late 19th century Raymond Elliot Trotter joined the practice and the firm came to be known as Trotter and Sons.
During the 1920’s a new partner, Thomas Herbert Chapman joined resulting in a further name-change to Trotter Sons & Chapman. From that time the firm continued to flourish and in the 1940’s the firm incorporated a practice in Harlow, which in turn resulted in the partnership being renamed Trotter Chapman & Wormell.
It was not until 1946 when Herbert Stanley Whisker joined the practice and Chapman retired that the name of Trotter Chapman & Whisker was adopted.
Trotter Chapman & Whisker practiced under that name for many years and continued to expand.
In 2006 the firm continued its expansion into Bishop’s Stortford and moved to new offices within Harlow to produce the present set up practising in Epping, Harlow, and Bishop’s Stortford.
In May 2008 the partnership of Whiskers Solicitors and Notaries incorporated and became Whiskers LLP.