We are happy to act for clients in relation to debt recovery and can offer a range of fixed fees.
Our fixed fees cover business to business debts which are undisputed.
The following costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (eg . if a one off letter is required) or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
|Debt value||Court fee||Our fee (incl . VAT)||Total|
|Up to £5000||£205||£650||£855|
|£ 5,001 – £10,000||£455||£ 950||£1,405|
|£10,001 – £50,000||5% of the value of the claim||£1,250|
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing the claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service is received, applying to the court to enter judgement in default
- When judgment in default is received, writing to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within 14 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Matters usually take 5 – 10 weeks from receipt of instructions from you the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of judgment in default. If enforcement action is need, the matter will take longer to resolve.