Corporate & Commercial Solicitors
In the fast-moving world of business, it is vital to recognise opportunities and challenges swiftly so you can steer your business in the right direction. With specialist legal knowledge combined with entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for commercial success, we have all the skills to help your business thrive.
We offer a full-solution service which is specifically tailored to achieve your goals. We act for all types of business, from start-ups and long established family concerns to large regional and national corporations and foreign owned subsidiaries.
Our corporate law work includes:
- Company formations
- Shareholder Agreements and Joint Ventures
- Company sales and purchases
- Directors duties and responsibilities
- Partnerships and LLPs
Our commercial law work includes:
- Agency and Distribution Agreements
- Franchise Agreements
- Commercial contracts
- Terms and Conditions of Trading
- Employment law for employers
- Commercial litigation
With over 100 years’ experience providing legal services to clients across Essex, we have grown up with our community making us the perfect partner for local businesses. As well as in-depth knowledge of the local markets.
Why choose our corporate and commercial law solicitors?
Below are just a few of the reasons to consider instructing us to help you pursue your business goals:
Broad range of expertise
As well as our corporate and commercial law transactional expertise, we draw on a breadth of legal knowledge to provide a full-solution service that covers every business-related matter from contracts to employment law advice to commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
The signature of our service is our personal approach. We will take time to personally get to know you and your business and will never take a “one size fits all” process. We will ensure each and every contract and agreement is carefully crafted to fulfil your needs and minimise the risk of dispute later on.
Proactive and responsive service
Although achieving a positive outcome to your case is ultimately the priority, we believe your experience with us is just as important. That is why we will take all steps to make your time with us as constructive and engaging as possible, including:
- Assigning you a personal lawyer who will take primary responsibility for the success of your case – Although various members of our team may work on your file from time to time, your lawyer will always ensure it is on track and progressing smoothly
- Providing regular updates so you always know exactly what is going on – You will also have a direct phone number and email address for your lawyer so if you have any questions, just get in touch and we will be happy to assist
- Responding swiftly to your calls and emails – We understand that many commercial transactions are time sensitive and need to be completed within strict timeframes to realise maximum value
- Proactively taking steps to progress your case – We aim to anticipate and resolve issues before they arise so your business can operate efficiently without risk of disruption. Where other parties are involved, we will regularly chase and chivvy them along to prevent any unnecessary delays
- Upfront and flexible legal fees – We will provide clear information about our fees from the outset of your case so you can budget accordingly. We offer a number of payment options including fixed fees where possible and competitive hourly rates
Support as your business evolves
The day to day running of a business takes up considerable time and energy so having a skilled corporate and commercial solicitor on standby to provide advice as and when you need it is essential. As well as setting businesses up for success in the first instance, we treasure close, ongoing relationships with many of our clients. We will provide as much or as little additional support as you need, adapting our advice as your own business grows to help you continue on your upwards trajectory.